Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Munchies?

Pineapples, water, jelly, chip dip, applesauce, a soda, tortillas, cheese and a 40 oz.  These contents of my refrigerator are a semi-random group of items, but after-all, isn't an broad arrangement of things what a what a refrigerator is expected to contain?  In all honesty, my "micro-fridge" is hardly used for anything other than water along with some other choice beverages on the weekends.  If there were an MTV show called "Fridge Raiders," no pun intended, or if somebody were to judge me by the contents of my 'fridge, the person would most likely miss a lot of what I am about, but they would also be dead on about a few different things.
The pineapple, which is my favorite fruit, could infer that I am a happy person in a way.  Happiness and pineapple are not connected at all when you first think about it, but I don't think I could ever see anybody who is mad at the world having an exotic fruit in their 'fridge.  The applesauce and jelly could tell the person that I still act like a kid and that I will probably not grow up for a while.  Jelly and applesauce are both items that you could picture in a pink, Power Rangers lunchbox.  The lone soda could imply that I am a soda drinker, or that I am not that big on soda, depending on the person's perspective.  Perhaps the contents of the freezer and the 40 oz would explain why it is in there because the truth is I don't usually drink soda and instead go for water.  These contents would further tell the person that I act like a typical college student on the weekends; however, what they don't know is just how great of friends I get to share my weekends with.  
I have an Italian decent, but the tortillas and cheese might imply something else.  The truth is they are not mine, and instead my friend brought them in my room and never took them back because they were absolutely disgusting tortillas.  The cheese is probably old along with the chip dip, leading to the inference that I am messy and irresponsible.  Both of these are almost false and this thinking about my 'fridge has made me decide I'm cleaning it out after this.

7 comments:

  1. I like what you said about the exotic fruit and happiness..makes sense to me. I like how you ended the blog with cleaning it out..that was funny..as far as suggestions nothing really sticks out..maybe seperate paragraphs with a space so its easier for the reader to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fridge was sort messy at first either.Then I took every layers and racks out to wash them.But if you put the food in the fridge for a long time,it may produce many bacteria which are anti- low temperature.Anyway,it's always nice to be a happy person with the pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you took each food item in your fridge and defined what it meant to you as a person, and then proceeded to play devil's advocate in saying that it depends on their perspective, very impartial of you. However, you never clearly defined as to what type of person you are, just what your fridge said about you, so a more precise and finished conclusion would be my suggestion, but your final sentence was very classy, get to cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your 'fridge contents are found in every dorm room on campus. I like that you consider yourself a happy person because you eat pineapple. I think a pinapple is something that people who are happy or want to be enjoy. :) The other choice beverages for the weekends can always be found on campus. I'm sure you have great weekends too. I can relate to you on the old cheese and chip dip... we found a nasty old loaf of bread this morning that had trees growing on it. Yuck. I think you had alot of great information and a good layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a good job at explaining how each food item relates to your personality while adding in some humor to go along. My only suggestion that I can think of is maybe think of a food item that you would like in your fridge or explains the most about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say pineapples make me think of happy people? Sorta makes me think about the beach, and people are always happy at the beach! I also think it was cool how you explained everything in your fridge.. I too am Italian and I think that its hard to eat good italian in a dorm room. no real suggestions, good luck with the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked how you showed that people could interpret the things in your fridge differently like people might take you having a soda as you like to drink it a lot or hardly at all. Is the 40 oz water or beer? i was confused there. Maybe add a little more about the things that "the would be dead on" about. and i think micro fridges suck i hate mine

    ReplyDelete