Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Technology & stuff...

I think The Colbert Report made a good point about how anybody can make anything look like a fact using Wikipedia. It is a good source to use when needing a quick fact, but it is not legit enough to use for things such as a research project. Technology has altered how we function and how we find information and has made so much avaliable at our fingertip, but it has also made networking so much easier & broad. I learned in rural sociology last quarter that the amount of people we stay in contact with or even know has risen so much since computers, cell phones and sites such as Myspace & Facebook. It has made our lives more efficent also since we can do almost anything from shopping or paying bills to taking an online class or even planning an event & inviting others. I think it will be interesting to see how much further technology advances during our lifetime & what else the future of media will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment